Like or share this portfolio entry:
I'm finally getting around to making a portfolio page for this project, but here it is.About
Windows. Checkmate also comes packaged with a checksum generator tool to quickly generate checksums for your own files for others to validate against. The project is open source, so you can fork the project and do with it what you will via GitHub [github.com] or Bitbucket [bitbucket.org].
To install Checkmate on windows, simply download and install the Checkmate setup executable, and run it. The Windows version comes packaged with an optional installation of the source code as well.
Usage is pretty simple. To run the validator, browse for a file to validate, then either supply an MD5 hash or browse for a hash file to import the hash.
Checkmate also comes packaged with a checksum generator under "Tools > Checksum Generator" Simply supply the file you wish to generate a checksum for and copy it from the text box once creation is complete.
You also have the option to save the file anywhere you like as well, so it can be used anywhere without having to make it yourself.
Version 2.4 - Windows Update
* Changed build for Windows to MSVC
Version 2.3.7 - Windows Fix
* Removed updater in Windows in favor of just downloading the installer and running it
Version 2.3.6 - Bugfix
* Fixed validator to validate hashes with capital letters
Version 2.3.5 - Small Fix / Linux Update
* Updated file placements for Windows
* Version bump from 2.3.4 now includes linux under new version
Version 2.3.4 - Update Enhancement
+ Added new Linux update channel. Windows and Linux now check different places for updates
+ Added new MessageBox system
Version 2.3.3 - Style Fix
* Fixed stylesheet to account for disabled widgets
Version 2.3 - Major fix
* Fixed bug in checksum validation
+ Finally added ability to validate sha1 and sha256 checksums instead of just generating them
Version 2.2 - New Update Scheme
- Removed old plain text file downloading to do update checking
+ Introduced JSON and seamless client interaction for update checking
Version 2.1.6 - Ported to Linux
Version 2.1.4 - Small Update
* Fixed checksum generator save button issue
* Enhanced updater for quicker updates
Version 2.1.3 - Semi-major Update
* Changed website button in about window to point to new project webpage.
* Upgraded to the new Qt 5.4 API
Version 2.1.2 - Minor Update
+ Added dev channel for build tests. Keeps from messing with release channel.
+ Added version change in update check
Version 2.1.1 - Minor Update
* Bugfix for version checker to show appropriate dialog when not connected to the internet
Version 2.1 - Major Update and New Features
* A few bugfixes in application workflow
+ New Features!!
- New Updater!! - Added auto updater into application
- ^ Updater ^ - No longer required to reinstall to update
Version 2.0 - Checkmate!
- Support for SHA1 and SHA256 hash algorithms
- Updated generator. Now, you can save the hash in either of the three types and use them on any OS
Brand new name! MD5Sum has been ditched for the new Checkmate. The naming seemed like a good idea, since it now supports more than MD5Version 1.1.2 - File browser update
Improved file borser for browsing for MD5 files, expanded to .txt files as well
Version 1.0.1 - Enhancements
Added enhancements to forms closing while the application is digesting file checksums
Version 1.0 - Initial Release
I no longer host a file downloader on my site. It was becoming costly and used up a lot of resources, so you can obtain Checkmate from the following places.Direct Download Links
- Debian/Ubuntu 32 Bit [kalebklein.com]
- Debian/Ubuntu 64 Bit [kalebklein.com]
- RPM 32 Bit [kalebklein.com]
- RPM 64 Bit [kalebklein.com]
- Windows (32 & 64 Bit) [kalebklein.com]
- Debian/Ubuntu 32 Bit [github.com]
- Debian/Ubuntu 64 Bit [github.com]
- RPM 32 Bit [github.com]
- RPM 64 Bit [github.com]
- Windows (32 & 64 bit) [github.com]
- GitHub [github.com]
- BitBucket [bitbucket.org]
- Arch User Repository [aur.archlinux.org]