Like for share this blog post:
On the third day of this site being live, it's just received a HEAVY update. If you are one to notice every detail, you'll pick up on the front end changes made in this update. If not, I'll list them for you, there really isn't that many
This update was more for a core restructuring of the software powering the back-end. Every bit of the back-end was recoded from the ground up, and restructured. The changes aren't noticeable on the front end, other than a few seconds quicker loading speed. I plan to release this site an a fully installable, configurable, and usable website application for anyone who wishes to have their own Laravel powered website.
Here are a few of the front end changes:
- The back-to-top button has been upgraded. It still looks the same, but scroll all the way down on a mobile device, then look again
- New social follow links in the footer of the page. Now they're nice, beautiful, buttons.
- One major front and back end issue was resolved: The contact form was broken from day one. It has since been fixed
Here's an overview of the backend overhaul:
- All site controllers and views abolished and recoded from scratch.
- All code and classes restructured into an Object Oriented design pattern.
- Followed all MVC pattern guidlines. Even extended the Blade templating system to create custom View directives
- Enhanced Administrator Panel. Getting this bad boy ready for release soon
Well, that's about all I can say right now. The new update doesn't have much change on the surface, I've basically rebuilt the engine, and covered some rusty spots on the body.